Language Documentation and Description Volume 5
Volume 5 is a collection of papers dealing with several topics in language documentation:
• data in language documentation
• the role of digital video and archiving in language documentation
• language activism and language documentation
The papers arise from a workshop and a conference held at SOAS in December 2005 and 2006; two others were written for this volume. They represent important contributions to the theory and practice of the field of language documentation by leading scholars and younger researchers.
The volume will be of interest to anyone concerned with documenting and describing languages.
For cost and ordering information, see the ordering section.
- Editor's Introduction
Peter K. Austin
- Data - but data from what?
- Linguist's multi-layered data and the linguistic community's polyphony
- The representativeness of language documentations
- The role of digital video in language documentation
- Digital archives: essential elements in the workflow for endangered languages documentation and revitalisationn
- Language activism and the "new linguistics": expanding opportunities for documenting endangered languages in Indonesia
To order please go to the SOAS online store.